In April 2018, the Devils River Conservancy, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to preserve and protect the Devils River and the lands within its watershed, approached Noisy Trumpet as the Devils River came under threat through the purchase of more than 140,000 acres of ranch land intended for wind farm development in Val Verde County.
Following research of the irreparable damages that wind farms have on this valuable ecosystem, Noisy Trumpet identified an opportunity to position Val Verde County’s unique natural and scenic treasures as important assets to all Texans and urge them to protect what is left of wild Texas.
With a goal to reach a broader statewide audience and influence public opinion towards responsible location of wind farm development, Noisy Trumpet developed “Don’t Blow It,” an integrated public relations and digital campaign. This was a two-pronged approach which included foundation building and outreach. The following assets were developed:
- Key messages and the brand identity including name, tagline and logo
- Outdoor advertising in Del Rio
- Branded print collateral
- Media materials and social media content
As of March 2019, Noisy Trumpet secured more than 1.8M impressions statewide and influenced public opinion through the DRC’s affiliation with government leaders at Texas Parks and Wildlife Association and the Military Affairs Association. Digital results include:
- Grew social following to 4,106 followers, an 84.5 percent increase from prior to launch of the campaign
- Received 792,500 impressions
- Generated 29,900 engagements from users joining the conversation surrounding our campaign (commenting, liking, sharing, etc.